I’m having gastritis, it sucks 😖
It started 3 days ago. I had a bad lunch that caused me feel unwell all day and before bedtime, I drank green tea latte that irritated my stomach (seriously, Ellie?🙄). The next day I ate my normal food, I still can feel heartburn once in awhile but I thought it’s going away because I took turmeric+ginger capsules to relieve it.
I felt better yesterday morning, I had vegetables soup for lunch, my stomach feels fine. About half of hour after that I felt lower back pain, it’s almost my period (again 😓) so I thought it’s normal. I just need to make some pineapple ginger juice to relieve the pain. So I did, I made pineapple+ginger+raspberry juice, the ultimate anti-inflammatory juice! It tastes soooo good!
15 minutes after that I felt burning sensation on my stomach, I started to feel nauseous not long after that. Ohhhh what I’ve done?! Was the pineapple too sour for my irritated stomach lining?!
I told my doctor about what happened, she seemed upset. She said I shouldn’t take anything other than medicine that she prescribed, she refers to the pineapple+ginger+raspberry juice (she put me on Cefixime+pantoprazole+diclofenac+serratiopeptidase these last 10 days before I take the new medicine that she prepared) and I should always update my health status, including when I have gastritis. Oopsieeee… how could I know that gastritis is a big deal that needs to be reported? 😬
So, she told me to eat only light food (porridge n stuff) for 2-3 days, only drink warm water, and do not take anything other than what she prescribed! Lesson taken 😣
I made a Rice Red Lentils with Carrots and Shiitake Mushrooms Porridge this morning. Nothing fancy, just some nutritious light food with a good taste 😋 Oh I just made up the recipe and it turned out good 😆 Check out the recipe below:
Rice Red Lentils Porridge with Carrots and Shiitake Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/2 cup of organic rice, wash and clean
- 1/2 cup of red lentils, wash and clean
- 1/2 medium carrot, cut into small cubes
- 3 pcs of shiitake mushrooms, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of Rapunzel vegetable broth (optional)
- 1 tbsp of coconut aminos (you can replace it with soy sauce if you don’t have it)
- 3.5 cups of water
How to Make:
- Warm up the olive oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. After it’s quite hot, add the shiitake mushrooms, stir, wait until it shrinks.
- Add the rice and red lentils, stir fried for about 1 minutes
- Add the carrots, stir fried for about 30 seconds
- Add the water, vegetable broth (if you use one), and coconut aminos (or soy sauce), bring to boil, after that turn the burner down to low heat. Cover for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally so the bottom part won’t burn.
- After 20 minutes, stir again for about 2 minutes, serve warm
Note: If your stomach is too irritated, don’t use the vegetable broth, because it has some spices in it.
I use Rapunzel vegetable broth, I think it tastes great and it’s organic.
Since I’m avoiding soy sauce as much as I can, I use a coconut aminos as the replacement. I use Coconut Secret brand.